Cheap Gray Skin Tutorial
Hey guys. So, I’m planning a cosplay, specifically a troll cosplay, and for that I want gray make-up for my skin. But I’m really cheap with these things, so instead of buying expensive ben nye products and the like, I decided to be a cheap-ass kinda person, and found a replacement.
Basically, buy some cheap liquid foundation, nothing too dark, preferably a light one. Doesn’t matter if it matches your skin tone. The foundation I used for this was $5.
Next, buy some cheap gray eyeshadow. Dark gray if you want dark gray skin, and light gray if you want light gray skin. Pretty simple, am I right?
Depending on how much skin you’re covering, you may want to buy two, especially if you’re planning on arms and face. I only need to cover some leg and my face in this shit, so I only use one of each.
Now, put a squirt or two of foundation into a container. Now, using a Q-Tip or something of the sort, dig some eyeshadow into the container with the foundation. Mix it. Alternatively, if you want to mix all that you think you’ll need at once, you can do that too with appropriate amounts.
Now, simply take a cotton pad or q-tip or whatever works for you, and simply spread it evenly over your skin.
Now, mine didn’t rub off unless I was rubbing it persistently, and even then, it only came off slightly on the piece of cloth i was using. But, seal it with baby powder or actual sealer, I’d say better safe than sorry. Don’t want any angry cosplayers chasing you with gray smudges on their outfits.
Note that you shouldn’t put in so much eyeshadow that it matches the colour you want on your arms or face or whatever. The mixture should be a bit lighter and possibly even have a slight tint of the foundation. Once it dries, it will also be slightly darker. I would advise experimenting with little amounts before the actual day where you are doing your cosplay.
In conclusion, its like ten bucks, leaves little to no smudges but should be sealed anyway, is nice when mixed and ratioed correctly, and is just a real good alternative. Shit can be used for any cosplay even outside the homestuck fandom- want pink skin? Just use pink eyeshadow. Pretty simple.
Thanks, and happy cosplaying.
- arbitrarywish reblogged this from eridans-gaybies
- potatobrainz likes this
- asunderstorm likes this
- autobot-bumblebee likes this
- qweensley likes this
- deluxepokepuff likes this
- averagetoaster reblogged this from finalcosplaycorps
- imaginetoasters likes this
- finalcosplaycorps reblogged this from alittle2strange
- firelordbatman likes this
- alittle2strange reblogged this from tremblingstrings
- periwinklepinapple likes this
- burningatthecentreoftime likes this
- spitiskool reblogged this from eridans-gaybies
- this-is-morgans-fault likes this
- john-demon-chimera likes this
- newtish likes this
- alexishy likes this
- wrapdoidal reblogged this from denizencolours
- bear621 likes this
- brokenvamp666 likes this
- chakraapplicator reblogged this from bradleyuppercrustthe3rd
- chakraapplicator likes this
- witchofpeachan likes this
- dude-is-gender-neutral likes this
- dude-is-gender-neutral reblogged this from pizzahutpaladin
- tomfeltonticklesmykoalas likes this
- vicsagelivesforever likes this
- luna-peixes reblogged this from luna-peixes
- residualmass reblogged this from bradleyuppercrustthe3rd
- akisswithafistisbetterthennone likes this
- akisswithafistisbetterthennone reblogged this from mezzo-pianope
- luna-peixes likes this
- the-land-of-books-and-blazes likes this
- shaneeses likes this
- christmas-scott likes this
- mezzo-pianope likes this
- mezzo-pianope reblogged this from pizzahutpaladin
- alice-in-minecraft likes this
- bradleyuppercrustthe3rd reblogged this from pizzahutpaladin
- bradleyuppercrustthe3rd likes this
- pizzahutpaladin reblogged this from for-the-cosplay
- ashleystuck reblogged this from tayngerous
- cerulean-spork likes this
- nhubooty reblogged this from tayngerous
- hanaeru reblogged this from bonkalore
- tayngerous reblogged this from nhubooty
- li-hua-mau reblogged this from shadzu
- merrrwutwut likes this